Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Many Faces of Princesses


The TLC show, 'Say Yes to the Dress,' is regularly watched in my home.  So when there was a special 'Say Yes to the Dress: Princess Brides' episode on last night, it was no surprise we all gathered around to watch.  This special was on because of the Royal Wedding coming up next week, and looked at the best and the worst of the self proclaimed  Princesses that have passed through the doors of Kleinfeld.  The episode was sectioned off, showing the Picky Princess, Daddy's Little Princess, the Pageant Princess, the Blinged-Out Princess, and many more.  After spending hours of my time working on my research paper about Fairytale Weddings, I couldn't help but analyze this episode.  I was very surprised by the range in the definition of the word 'Princess.'  Some called themselves princesses because they were spoiled while others were looking for the 'Cinderella gown.'  This episode did a great job in displaying the many sides of a Princess.  Women come in to their bridal salon everyday, each with a different goal.  Fashion tastes, budgets, and opinions are just a few of the differences.  The episode clearly portrayed the conclusion I have come to; the definition of Princess varies from person to person.  Kleinfeld's success comes from their ability to cater to the needs of each 'Princess.'  Click here for more information on TLC's Say Yes to the Dress

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS SHOW. I watch it whenever I go home and love this gorgeous dresses and bridezillas they show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my guilty pleasure! I secretly watch marathons of it for hours on end...Shh! It's so fun to see the crazy brides!

    ReplyDelete